2019 Crescent Electric $1,000 College Scholarship
We ran a contest for those enrolled in or headed to college in the 2019-20 school year, asking for a highly motivated student to thoughtfully outline how they think energy will change in the next 20 years and how those changes will impact our lives.
Crescent Electric Supply Company is proud to announce the winner of our 2019 “Future of Energy” Scholarship, Shayla Wilhelm.
Congratulations, Shayla! While we received hundreds of great scholarship submissions, Shayla's essay stood out for her thorough knowledge of the current state of energy in our world. Read more
about our winner, a high school senior at Portville Central School in Portville, New York, and her predictions for the world's future energy production and usage on our blog
Want $1,000 for college? Crescent Electric can help make that happen.
If you are currently enrolled in college (or headed there in the 2019-20 school year) and want to win a $1,000 scholarship to help cover expenses, consider entering the Crescent Electric $1,000 Scholarship contest. Crescent Electric will award a $1,000 scholarship to one highly motivated student who can thoughtfully respond to the prompt below.
How It Works:
Please tell us in 800 words or less how you think energy will change in the next 20 years and what the impact on our lives will be.
Here’s How to Win:
To Be Eligible:
- Answer the prompt above in 800 words or less.
- Fill out the form below, including a link to a Google Doc answering the prompt above. Ensure your Google Doc’s file name is saved in the format (yourname)-(dob)-2019 Crescent Electric $1,000 College Scholarship Submission.
- We will pick a winner on October 31, 2019 and notify you.*
- A member of the Crescent Electric team will email you to confirm your mailing address and send you a check or Visa gift card in the mail for $1,000.
- We will announce the winner on the Crescent Electric blog.
- All submissions must be received by midnight on October 28th, 2019.
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college or trade school and at least 16 years of age in the US Territories.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of your high school graduation and/or college enrollment.
- Each entrant affirms that they have met all eligibility requirements and releases their entry to be used for any purpose by Crescent Electric.
*Disclaimer: Crescent Electric respects your privacy and will not share any personal information without prior approval from you. The selection process is subjective. We will pick our favorite winner based on the submissions we receive by the deadline listed above.
This scholarship ended at midnight on October 28th, 2019.