We ran a contest for those headed to college in 2017, asking for a highly motivated student to share a thoughtful photo of their effort to minimize energy usage on social media.
Congratulations, Destinee! While we received hundreds of great scholarship submissions, Destinee stood out for the many ways she reduces her carbon footprint. Read more about our winner, a sophomore at Alabama State University, and her committment to a sustainable environment on our blog.
As an ENERGY STAR partner, Crescent Electric focuses on providing customers with energy efficient equipment to help protect the environment. Show us how you, as an individual, make an effort to minimize your energy usage by sharing a photo on Twitter that represents how you reduce your carbon footprint. Use the hashtag #CEscholarship for a chance to win.
- Fill out our form, including a link to your social post(s).
- Follow all directions in the prompt.
- We will pick a winner on August 9, 2017 and notify you. (It’s subjective; we’re going to pick our favorite response.)
- We will email you to confirm mailing address, and send you a check, or Visa gift card in the mail for $1000.
- We will announce the winner on our company blog.
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college.
- You must be graduating high school or in college and between the ages of 16 and 22.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of your high school graduation and/or college enrollment.
- Any and all content may be used in future Crescent Electric marketing.
Submissions must be received by midnight on August 8, 2017.